Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Celebrating Fall with Celebrate the Occasion


Hey everyone, I’m back with another card for the Celebrate the Occasion challenge blog.
 
I’m not sure if I have ever mentioned it, but fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it. The weather is perfect. Trees with beautiful Autumn leaves. Gorgeous mums. Wonderful food. And, it is the start of the Holidays.
 
Here are some photos that inspired me:
 
Fall leavesThis makes me so incredibly happy. Reminds me of my dearly departed grandmother.
 
Orange Centerpieces
Orange RosesPhotos from Pinterest.
 
So, aside from food, I really think my card today is a great representation of fall and it most certainly a reflection of my personal style. I am so in love with the rust colored cardstock that I used to give my card weight. It’s actually called Terracotta Tile and I had no idea that I would love it so much when I ordered it from Papertrey Ink. Also, even though my favorite flowers are hydrangeas, orange roses come in at a close second. Love, love, love orange roses.
 
DSCF7425Card base is Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream. The Terracotta Tile mat was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.
 
DSCF7426Both of my patterned papers were printed with the Cricut Imagine using the Ancestry colors and patterns cartridge. I knew I was going to use this cart for fall cards and I’m super pleased with it. I will add that I printed these on Ivory cardstock from the Paper Company. I didn’t want the starkness that printing on white would have given me. I used Crumb Cake ink from Stampin’ Up to antique all of the papers and the card base.
 
DSCF7427I used Spellbinder Label 3 dies for my sentiment mats. Really in love with this shape. I added some mulberry roses from Recollections (brown) and I Am Roses (orange) to enhance the focal point. My sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Dazzle in Frost and embossed with Gold Zing! embossing powder from American Crafts.
 
DSCF7429I tied a bow with cream grosgrain from Offray, then used some Darice Hemp and tied a vintage button from Papertrey Ink to finish it off.
 
DSCF7428
That’s my card for today! I hope you’re inspired to create something. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and I wish you all a very blessed day.

10 comments :

  1. This is so elegant! I love the embossing of the sentiment. This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is gourgeous great job as always. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the decorative mats and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card,love the embossing.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super beautiful inspiration photos! Love how your card came out Terrance!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, love all your beautiful touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This card is gorgeous!! And I agree that fall is the best!
    Laurie DTM
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, it is very elegant just like all your all your work are. Sorry I haven't stopped by enough to leave comments since I've been so busy moving across country but I do stop by for peeks when I get two minute.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job on this, I recognized the printed paper right away ancestry is one of my favorites for printed paper. Don't you just love the imagine? A super beautiful card.
    CTO DT Member

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!