Hello everyone! If you arrived here from Tracy’s blog, you’re on the right track. If not, start at Emma’s blog here: My Creative Time.
I’ve been under the weather since Sunday so my project for today is REALLY simple! I was in the kitchen looking for something and to my surprise, we had some hot cocoa in the cabinet. We’re not really hot cocoa people. I’m all about coffee, and on occasion, flavored tea. But, I digress! So, I decided to make a hot cocoa packet. My voice is starting to return to normal, so there might be a video on this soon!
I tried to make this as simple as possible in case anyone wanted to recreate it. You will get two from a sheet of 8.5” x 11” cardstock.
Here are the instructions/details:
- Trim cardstock to 4” x 11”; Score at 5” and 10.25".” This is optional, but I decided to use my Corner Chomper to round all of the corners with the quarter inch setting.
- The solid mat is 4.75” x 3.75".” I used Orange Zest from Papertrey Ink because it coordinated with my patterned paper.
- Patterned mat measures 4.5” x 3.5".” Adhere to solid mat and if you desire, add faux stitching with a gel pen. Adhere to base with a strong adhesive.
- Die cut a scalloped circle and circle. I used the Scallop and Stitched Circle Die available from here: My Creative Time Store.
- Stamp sentiment in the circle die cut. My sentiment comes from Mixed Holiday Sentiments, also available at the MCT store. Adhere sentiment to scalloped circle with foam adhesive.
- Line the top of the cocoa packet to the top of score line and fold flap over. Using the 3/16’ setting punch two holes through cocoa packet and the base of your card. Be careful that you’re punching through the sealed part of the cocoa packet.
- Tie ribbon through the base of the card and packet. Adhere sentiment to the front of your card with dimensional foam adhesive.
***12 Days of Christmas Give Away Alert***
To qualify for ALL the AMAZING giveaways for the next 12 days, you must comment on every blog in this hop! You will have until Tues, Dec 13th @ midnight to have all of your comments in! VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE LEAVE A WAY FOR US TO CONTACT YOU IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE WINNER'S!
There are some AMAZING giveaways for this special 12 day event & some SURPRISES to help celebrate "My Creative Time's" One Year Anniversary! Yep, Emma released her 1st set of stamps one year ago! So make sure you are tuned in because this is ONE hop you do NOT want to miss!;)
Blog Hop Line-up:
Trell (you’re here)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day.