Friday, October 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink October 2012 Blog Hop

So, I’ve been a really, really bad blogger for the better part of this year and for that I truly apologize. I had some really bad health issues that hit me really hard and I have been out of commission.  I was hospitalized and had to take radiation; so, while crafting was on my mind, I didn’t have the strength to do much. The good news is, I *think* the treatment is working and I am slowly but surely returning to my normal self.

Since, I love all things Papertrey, I really wanted to participate in this month’s hop. The challenge was to create five tags. And here are the little beauties I came up with:

DSCF2314

DSCF2312

DSCF2311

DSCF2310

DSCF2314

DSCF2309

It has occurred to me that when I place my Papertrey orders, they tend to be in the last half of the year. Thus, I have quite a few Christmas stamp sets. My favorite would probably be Peaceful Pinecones.

My initial plan was to keep them simple. Which they kind of are, I suppose . . . What do you think? I will say the addition of the penguin set was a last minute decision. Isn’t it just the cutest little thing?

In other news, my blog is getting a makeover! It’s my goal to regularly film start-to-finish card making videos on a regular basis as well as cooking and/or baking videos. I’m not a professional when it comes to videography, so I’ll have to see how that works. My original intent was for Polka Dots, Paint, and Cake Batter to be a full out crafty and lifestyle blog, but I lost sight of the vision and I want to get it back on track. I‘ve had a lot of time to think about it and I am excited to blog again.

As always, I thank anyone and everyone that comes and reads my thoughts and finds joy in the things I make. I wish you all the best most blessed weekend.

18 comments :

  1. These are all so fun! I understand trying to get your post up under the wire! Great details on each! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you creating again Tell! And you're right...the penguin IS the cutest little thing! :-)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags look wonderful. So glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute, beautiful and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have you back. Please take care of yourself.
    These are the cutest tags. LOVE them, TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read you entire post, so glad you're on the mend! Sweet tags, full of great ideas. Really like the bow at the top of the Merry Christmas one. All so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And they realljy are little beauties! Love. Especially the one with the stamped music background - that stamped ribbon really is the "touche finale".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... these are all so pretty! A great mix of colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are all exquisite, Trell, and yes, the penguin is adorable!! I'm new to your blog and love what I see, so I am following. I'm so sorry for your illness. I hope that is all behind you and I wish you all the best on your new blogging adventure!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful!! I love each and every one of your tags....I think the music one with the lights is my fav tho. I already Pinned them! Great job. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tags!! They are all so festive and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trell, I've seen you on the PTI forum; then I saw your tags on Pinterest. I had to click through because I love them all - especially the penguin. He just came to live with me in my most recent order. I love how you've combined different sets to come up with these gorgeous tags - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tags. I too love all things Papertrey Ink too. And just know your in my thoughts. Here's to feeling better soon. HUGS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your tags! Each one is so wonderful! I found your blog via Dawn's blog at Wplus9. Your cards and projects are all wonderful! I am so sorry to hear you have been ill. I lost my husband 2 years ago this week to brain cancer. I know how hard the radiation treatments can be. You will be in my prayers! Wishing you total healing!!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. what is cultured ghee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!