Friday, February 6, 2009

The end of Domino Magazine?

I've been rather busy with work lately, but last week - I think it was Friday, during my daily reading at www.nytimes.com I received the news that Domino will cease publication with the March 2009 issue.

Zooey Deschanel on the cover of the current issue of Domino.

If you don't have a copy of the February issue you need to get up from your desk/bed/sofa and run to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy. It's seriously one of the best issues of Domino that I have read. I didn't willingly subscribe to Domino. I was initially a House and Garden subscriber and when Conde Nast decided to shutter that one, I started receiving Domino. Needless to say, I absolutely love the magazine and I had already resubscribed.

I have to say that Conde Nast must really not want me as a customer. I subcribe to three of their of main publications with the most important being Architectural Digest.

One of the great things about Domino is that it's written for the everyday reader. Even though some of the design is only obtainable with the aid of a professional designer, the magazine does offer great tips and shopping advice.

1 comment :

  1. Yes, please do! Those questions are so much fun, make sure you post a comment when you are finished, I would love to read your answers! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!