The September issue of House Beautiful, is the color issue and my fellow design bloggers have been posting their answers, so I decided I wanted to get in on the fun! I was debating on making a post about something else, but I decided that this would be a great way to restart The Traditional Home! After all, color is one of the most important aspects of home design, especially, traditional design. Thanks to Maria from Colour me Happy for inspiring me to post.
1. What’s the first color you see in the morning? - Gold, I painted my room gold. I don’t like it anymore, however.
2. What color are your eyes? - Brown. I’ve been told that I have really clear brown eyes, and pretty eye lashes. Kind of make me uncomfortable.
3. What color do you wear the most? - Black and only because I have to! I’ll go into the details in another post, but it’s because of my job.
House Beautiful, September 2009
4. What color do you never wear? – I wear pretty much everything. I go through phases. Lately, I’ve been on a purple kick.
5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? – LOL! I can’t say I’ve ever felt “sexy,” but I have a pair of Levi 527’s that I refer to as my, “sexy jeans.”
6. What color gets you the most comments? – Probably pink or red. I need more pink and more red.
7. What color is your lipstick? – I’m a guy . . . However, I do love Burt’s Bees Pomegranate lip balm!
8. What color was your living room growing up? – In the house we lived in most of my life, the formal living room was white and the den had this awful wood paneling. We rented.
9. What color was your bedroom growing up? – Again, we were renters and I think the house had some additions. The existing structure was white and the new rooms had the paneling. My sister and I would swap rooms occasionally.
10. What color are your sheets? - Red.
11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? – Red, duh.
12. What color is your car? – Blue. However, I was driving a red Explorer and I miss it.
13. What color was your prom dress? – Again, I’m a boy and I don’t think it would have been a good idea for me to wear a dress to a high school prom in Alabama. My vest was purple though.
14. What’s your favorite gemstone? – Diamonds are a gay boys best friend. Preferably, asscher, but a beggar can’t be choosey.
15. What is your favorite flower? – I think it’s a close tie between the rose or the hydrangea.
16. What color makes you happiest? – I’ve really fallen in love with yellow over the last year. It’s really a universally appealing color.
17. What color depresses you? – Drab.
18. What color calms you? – Something between blue and grey.
19. What color makes your grind your teeth? – I can’t think of one. I’m not a teeth grinder.
20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? – I love to experiment, so I don’t think there is anything that I wouldn’t try.