Hello everyone! I hope March is off to an amazing start for you all. I’ve been busy, but at the same time kind of tired because my sleep patterns are still out of order. It’s getting better though!
So, I’ll just get right to it and admit that I’m really not a die-hard football fan. I actually think it’s kind of barbaric, but no one has asked for my opinion on that. I was texting with my new friend Amanda the other day and I explained to her my philosophy in regards to football – my favorite team is the one with the hottest quarterback. I’m very serious, but at the same time I’m kidding. I’m such a mess, I admit it. Her reply was, “So, I guess you’re not that big of an Alabama fan then.” And, truthfully, I’m more of a fan of houndstooth and red than anything else. As far as I’m concerned, everyone should have something houndstooth in their wardrobe. It’s versatile and classic. I love it.
Now, with that said, the first project I wanted to share is another shower invite that combines three things I love: babies, red, and wait for it . . . HOUNDSTOOTH. I’m drinking a huge cup of coffee right now, I apologize. Assuming someone buys these for a shower, I think I should include a disclaimer in case the kid grows up and decides to attend Auburn. Speaking of Auburn, here is a snippet of the conversation my mom and I had earlier this week:
Mom: Trell, do you have any tiger paws.
Me: Umm, like, for what. (I was in the bed watching Charmed I think.)
Mom: Don’t you need to make an Auburn one?
This is when I tell you all that my mom has not a crafty bone in her body, yet she’s schooling me on what I should make. I, for one, find it extremely hilarious. I also had to explain Auburn’s logo is a A and a U combined, not a paw.
But wait, there’s more. She calls me last night and goes, “Hurry up and turn to HSN.” They had the Cricut Cake on with Jinger Adams. I think she forgot for a moment that I work at a craft store. She’s so cute, I love her. But I was like, I don’t like it, we sell those at work. “Oh, okay, that’s all I wanted.”
What I should have said was, “You offering to buy me one?” Got to think faster next time. What I don’t like about the cake machine is that they marketed towards the general public as something that anyone can use. Not true, I think you need knowledge of cake decorating. Like, if you’ve never picked up fondant or gum paste, take a class or two first. I can’t begin to count how many people return those. That digression was on purpose!
I am planning to make an Auburn invite, but I have to find an svg file of their logo. By the way, I think my mom totally has the hots for Cam Newton. I was so happy when football season was over because that’s all I heard about every Saturday. Moving on to card number 2:
Can I just say that I LOVE the image of the toy! It’s from the new Baby Steps cartridge. I created the phrase with my Gypsy and the font from Elmo’s Party.
Here are the recipes for the cards:
- DCWV Black Cardstock for A2 Base
- DCWV Red Layer 4 x 5.5
- DCWV Dots, Stripes, & Plaids Premium Stack – Houndstooth 3.25 x 5; punched with MS Loops Corner Punch. Inside strip i s 1 x 5.5
- Logo: Sure Cuts a Lot and svg file. I think I cut it at 3.25.
- Bama Baby Phrase: Plantin Schoolbook Roly Poly welded with Gypsy. Cut at 3.25 from DCWV red cardstock.
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals
- Paper Company Kraft for A2 Base
- Paper Company Ivory Layer 4 x 5.25
- Paper Company Brown Layer 3.75 x 5; embossed with D’vine Swirl Cuttlebug Folder
- Paper Company Blue Stripe 1.5 x 5, punched with Fiskars Scallop Sentiment
- Toss Toy cut at 3.75 from Baby Steps
- New Arrival designed from Elmo’s Party on the Gypsy
- Offray 5/8 Lemon Yellow Satin
- White Sakura Gelly Roll
- Studio G Glitter Glue
- Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals
Also, I was given two more blog awards! Yay!!
Adele from Adele's Cricut Creations gave me another Stylish Blogger Award. So, I’d like to give a big bug hug to her for finding me worthy! She has a great blog, so stop by and give her some love.
Also, Meaghan from Crafting with Meg gave me the, I Got the Attitude Award. She makes some beautiful cards, and personally, I find her to be quite gorgeous. Definitely check her blog out! Thanks Meg!
By now, I think everyone know the drill. I have to tell thank the person that gave me the award and link back to their blog. Tell 8 things about myself, and pass the award along to 8 more bloggers.
8 more things about me:
- I’ve developed a bit of an addiction to buying ribbon. I think my favorite is saddle stitch grosgrain. At least it is for right now.
- I can be brutally honest. I have no problem voicing my opinion whether it’s popular or not.
- I admire Martha Stewart. Like, I don’t have the desire to be famous, but I love the idea of having a complete brand. Love her.
- I bite my nails and they look horrible. I’m thinking about getting fake ones, but filled down so I won’t chew on them.
- I’m dancing in my chair to Britney Spears at this very moment. (Preorder Femme Fatale on iTunes! Do it now! Don’t think about it, just do it!)
- I think my favorite phrase is is, “hot mess.”
- I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m ready to have a kid and be married and what not. Imagine me, Mr. Scatterbrain, with a kid . . . Reread number 5 & 6.
- At one point, I wanted to be a pediatrician. I’d settle for marrying one now.
Now I have quite a few awards to give out:
- Girlia - http://girliascards.blogspot.com/
- Vernetta - http://scrapinnovations.blogspot.com/
- Cassie - http://cjscropcorner.blogspot.com/
My Blog Has Attitude (I’m behind, I know . . .)
I Got the Attitude
I love all of these blogs and I wish I had more time to keep up with the updates!
Have a Blessed Day!