Sunday, May 8, 2011

Next stop, kindergarten!

 

DSCF6659I typed the sentiment in Word at 18 points. The font is Jester.

We’re two weeks into May and that means it’s time to get ready for graduation ceremonies. Here is an announcement that I made for a little guy that lives on my street who is graduating from preschool.

His favorite color, which also happens to be mine as well, is red, so I made the card base out of some red open cardstock I bought from Hobby Lobby.

DSCF6662The left side is a photo mat, and the right side is for the announcement.

His mom had a picture for the inside, so I used this colorful paper from the DCWV Nana’s Kids stack as a photo mat. And it just so happens that it matched perfectly. I think I’m going to have to buy another one of those stacks because I used both sheets.

Funny story, I had a picture of this on my iPhone and I showed it to my boss at Gap and she was like, “Will they be upset there is no D in kindergarten?” So, spelling is not a requirement to be the general manager of a Gap store! Her son just turned one, so she has 4 more years to get the spelling right. I digress!

Anyway, this week at Celebrate the Occasion the theme is graduation and even though I plan to make one or two more grad themed projects, I’m going to enter this fun card.

Hope you all like it. Have a blessed day!

11 comments :

  1. Such a cute card...what a fun idea! :o) Thanks for playing along with us this week at CTO! :o)

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this 2 cute card, Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Trell this is just precious. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so completely adorable, how exciting it is to get to go to school on the bus for the first time. You really captured that! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, love it! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo cute!! I love it, I have a little one who is going to start kindergarten too and I know she will love this! Thanks for playing along at CTO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the challenge! I just think this is adorable! I just may have to scrap lift this one! And that is absolutely one of my pet peeves....putting a D in Kindergarten!! The same way people do it with 'congratulations'! Drives me CRAZY!!!! Lol!!! :) Thanks for Celebrating the Occasion with us this week!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card!! I love the colors you used and the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!