Hey everyone! I’ve been having a huge inspiration problem as of late, but I think that things might be getting back to normal soon. It’s something that I think I have to pray about.
With that said, here is my latest project. And, yes, another layout. I don’t know if it’s obvious, but I don’t necessarily make these layouts with the intent to use them. I don’t even make my cards with the intent to give them away. I craft because it makes me feel good. I love putting my energy and focus into something creative. And, I hope that my projects, will help others looking for inspiration.
For the layout, I used three Cricut cartridges – All Mixed Up, Baby Steps, and the ever reliable, Plantin Schoolbook. My main goal was to make a baby layout without using colors that necessarily scream, “boy,” or, “baby.” After I made it, I wished I had more of the same colors of cardstock to make a series of pages. We’ll see were that goes!
Here are the details:
- Cream (12” x 12”), Brown (11.75” x 11.75”), & Khaki (Accent strip; 3”x 11”) cardstock; DCWV/Pressed Petals.
- Teal Paper (11” x 11”): Paper Studio Basics Pad (Hobby Lobby)
- Scalloped Rectangle cut at 9.12” x 10.” I sized it with my Gypsy.
- Diamonds: Plantin Schoolbook cut at 2.5”. I welded the shapes with my Gypsy. The teal layer is embossed with the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.
- Bear: Baby Steps cut at 3.5”.
- Title: All Mixed Up cut at 1.80 and sized with Gypsy. I covered it with Blue Topaz glitter from Martha Stewart and used my heat tool to set it.
- Photo Mats are 4.25” x 4”.
- Ribbon Boutique Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
- Sakura Gelly Roll
- Early Espresso Stampin’ Up Ink for distressing/inking.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Have a Blessed day!