Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Boy Layout

 

DSCF6940

Hey everyone! I’ve been having a huge inspiration problem as of late, but I think that things might be getting back to normal soon. It’s something that I think I have to pray about.

DSCF6957

DSCF6943Bling, bling baby!

With that said, here is my latest project. And, yes, another layout. I don’t know if it’s obvious, but I don’t necessarily make these layouts with the intent to use them. I don’t even make my cards with the intent to give them away. I craft because it makes me feel good. I love putting my energy and focus into something creative. And, I hope that my projects, will help others looking for inspiration.

For the layout, I used three Cricut cartridges – All Mixed Up, Baby Steps, and the ever reliable, Plantin Schoolbook. My main goal was to make a baby layout without using colors that necessarily scream, “boy,” or, “baby.” After I made it, I wished I had more of the same colors of cardstock to make a series of pages. We’ll see were that goes!

DSCF6944Isn’t he the cutest?!

Here are the details:

  • Cream (12” x 12”), Brown (11.75” x 11.75”), & Khaki (Accent strip; 3”x 11”)  cardstock; DCWV/Pressed Petals.
  • Teal Paper (11” x 11”): Paper Studio Basics Pad (Hobby Lobby)
  • Scalloped Rectangle cut at 9.12” x 10.” I sized it with my Gypsy.
  • Diamonds: Plantin Schoolbook cut at 2.5”. I welded the shapes with my Gypsy. The teal layer is embossed with the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.
  • Bear: Baby Steps cut at 3.5”.
  • Title: All Mixed Up cut at 1.80 and sized with Gypsy. I covered it with Blue Topaz glitter from Martha Stewart and used my heat tool to set it.
  • Photo Mats are 4.25” x 4”.
  • Ribbon Boutique Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll
  • Early Espresso Stampin’ Up Ink for distressing/inking.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Have a Blessed day!

5 comments :

  1. I wondered what has happened to you haven't seen you blogging lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! Great job! I'm now a follower! I love your work!

    Raina's Favoirte Crafty Things
    http://scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    Please come and visit if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you don't craft to give away cards or use your layouts.. What waste of talent.. Sell them on ESTY. I too craft to relax and feel good. You are too talented to not use you products in some way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is terrific! What a great blog!

    AllisonF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, love your work, I need to visit more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!