Tuesday, August 2, 2011

CTO Challenge #24

 

This week at Celebrate the Occasion we’re celebrating a kid’s birthday. Instead of making a card, I decided to make a themed birthday layout and I’m super thrilled with how it turned out.

DSCF7144

DSCF7145

DSCF7149

The main cartridge that I used for the layout was Create a Critter. It’s just a go to cart. I love it. I used Imagine More and Imagine More Cards to flood-fill the kites, butterfly, and bee. In addition, I used Stampin’ Up RGB codes for the grass, sun, and clouds.

However, I have a bit of bad news, I had to send my Imagine back to Provo Craft and I’m anticipating the arrival of my new one because it’s AWESOME!

DSCF7147I used my Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder on the trunk layer. I also saved the leaves and glued them randomly at the base of the tree. A few were popped up.

DSCF7146For the clouds, I used the stock image from my Imagine and filled it with Bashful Blue from Stampin’ Up. I overlapped and popped some of them up for interest. And, my little butterfly here is filled with patterns from Imagine More. The kite has patterns from Imagine More Cards.

DSCF7153I used the stock top note to make some journaling spots. The notebook pattern comes from Imagine More.

DSCF7151This cute little bee was colored and filled with patterns from Imagine More. I love how the colors and patterns coordinate with Stampin’ Up seamlessly.

DSCF7154I “engineered” the grass because in all honesty, I cut it too big, but I didn’t want to throw it away. I don’t want to go broke buying Imagine Ink. The colors for the grass are Certainly Celery and Pear Pizzazz.

Once my new Imagine arrives, I think I plan to make coordinating party invites using the theme as well.

Because I used so many different colors and what not, a recipe for this would be ridiculously long. However, if anyone wants to know, don’t hesitate to tell me and I have no problem getting it to you. The one thing I will say is that my inspiration came from the patterned paper that I used for the photo mats. It’s a Doodlebug Designs paper (appropriate titled, Barnyard) that I got from Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% off sales.

Head on over to CTO and look at the projects that my fellow DT members have created. I know I cannot wait to see them. And you’ll have a week to link up a project.

Thanks for coming by; have a blessed day!!

24 comments :

  1. Terrence, this is so cute!!! The detail is amazing!
    Fellow DT2 Member
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow really cool and what great detail and work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job. Love all the details that you put in your project. Amazing!!!

    Kristen (fellow team #2 DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, love all your critters, your stitching, your attention to details and the 3D effects!!! Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the layout I love all the detail an the different areas to go visit.

    DIANA L. (CTO DT#2)
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just an adorable LO. I love the design of the page with those cute little critters. And the details are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great layout and I love all of the detail.

    Nicole
    CTO DT#2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout.Love all the details you added and that you used your Imagine so much..(struggling with mine!) Great job.
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, great job on all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome layout! I love all the cute critters and added details in this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Create a Critter is the BEST cartridge ain't it?! I just love it!! Your layout is beautiful! Great job with the challenge!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - fellow DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really adorable LO and what a fun party that would be, great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely magnificent layout!! :) I love all of your incredible details and the sweet patterned paper you used!! :) I'm so excited to welcome you to the CTO team... I really look forward to seeing more of your creations!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion this week!!

    Your CTO DT Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout! There are so many fantastic details, from the inking to the stitching! Just lovely. Its nice to have some guys on the CTO DT, welcome to the family.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the details. Great lo TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! This LO is Awesome! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible! So many fun things on this LO to look at!!!

    Your CTO DT sister :)
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    I am having a show and tell on my blog- I would love to have you link up!!!
    Visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This layout is down right cute! It gave me the inspiration I needed to do a farm layout for my grandchildren. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! Trell I love these layouts love all the detail!!!! Super adorable:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! Your layout is awesome. I love how you organized the layout. Love how you altered the grass, sometime we just have to do that. Have a fantastic day.
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw this fabulous LO on ClubRubyDesigners.com and just had to come find your blog and see what else you've been up to! You make some really beautiful things and your craft room looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE IT!!! You did an awesome job!!! LOVE that cart btw..hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!