Thursday, April 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday!–Mother’s Day Card

Hello crafty friends! It is time for another Throwback Thursday at My Creative Time and I am here with a Mother’s Day card. The rule for this week’s challenge was to use a cartridge that has a frame. It should come as no secret that I love Elegant Edges and it’s one of those rare carts that I would recommend getting at full price.

I usually try to keep a good balance of stamping on my project, but I wanted to incorporate some patterned paper and collection elements for this card.

DSCF0038

DSCF0039

I started with an A2 Kraft card base. I trimmed a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock to 3.75” x 5” and stamped a gingham background with Tuxedo Black ink. I then trimmed a piece of Lemon Tart to 4” x 5.25,” distressed both pieces with my Tim Holtz edge distresser and adhered them together. Just a little ATG tape in the center because I stitched around the border of the mat.

I cut the frame and the inside mat from Elegant Edges at 4.5”. The floral paper I used is from the From the Record collection by Echo Park. To not waste it, I use my Gypsy to hide the outer contour of the frame. I cut four of the outer frame cuts and adhered them together with some Tombo Mono Multi Glue. I wanted to make it thick like a chipboard frame. For a little texture and to add to the look, I embossed the frame with my woodgrain impression plate. I adhered it to the card base with Stampin Dimensionals.

The bird is an element sticker from the collection pack and I used some thicker dimensional adhesive dots to adhere it to my card.

My mother’s day sentiment is from More Gift Card Sentiments. I stamped it on Melon Berry cardstock with Versamark and embossed it with white Zing embossing powder from American Crafts. I curled the ends with my gel pen and adhered it with liquid adhesive. I didn’t want too much dimension because it’s going to be mailed twice.

As usual, we’re having a link up party at the My Creative Time blog for you to share your Throwback Thursday projects.

Thanks for stopping by; and, as always, have a blessed day!

8 comments :

  1. WOW, I love that bird. What a cool card! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trell ~ WOW! I just LOVE this card! The textures and that bird! iLOVE all the techniques you used! What a CLEVER idea to add that hint of color with the Melon Berry! GORGEOUS card! LOVE how you take your pictures ~ it so fits this card incredibly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Makes me want to go camping....and I am NOT a camper! Such a warm feeling of the outdoors! And Elegant Edges is one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC job Trell,All the details are AWESOME and I LOVE the pretty bird!Have a great evening!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Formal and playful at the same time. I like the check background!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cute card. I love the wood grain embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TRELL! You had me at birdie and gingham...throw in the fancy woodgrain and I am sunk! What a gorgeous design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, love love love the background

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!