Thursday, October 11, 2012

Autumn Greetings

Hello everyone! So, I’m starting a new adventure, and I am having a lot of fun with it. I have found myself being drawn to image stamps for a long time now, and I held off because I didn’t want another thing to spend money on. Well, that didn’t work, but I tried!

Disclaimer: I have never taken a class and I do not profess myself to be an expert, nor do I think you have to be. That being said, if the powers that be at Copic ever come across this, please schedule a class in the South! Like, Nashville or Birmingham please. Thank you.

DSCF0370

DSCF0372

DSCF0373

I think it is kind of hard to give a step-by-step description of the making of this card, so I’ll be doing it a little differently this time. I still kind of struggle with that.

I started with the cutest image from Stampin’ Up’s Greeting Card Kids stamp set. I have eyed this set since I started stamping, and I am so happy to finally have it. Because I am easing my way into coloring, I used a variety of markers for this project. I *think* that I will be buying the Copic Sketch markers. I am researching my options. I might stick with Prismacolors. Anyway, for this card, here are the markers I used:

Pumpkin

Prismacolor PM-15 Yellowed Orange, PM-16 Orange & PM-13 Poppy Red

Dress

Prismacolor PM-193 Mint Cream, Pm-166 True Green, PM-32 Parrot Green & Copic Sketch B000 Pale Porcelain Blue

Cape, Hat & Socks

BIC Mark-It Polynesian Purple, Prismacolor PM-55 Rhodamine & PM-50 Violet

Hat Band & Buckle

BIC Mark-It Cloud Nine Grey, Tuxedo Black & Prismacolor PM-123 Spanish Orange

Hair

BIC Mark-It Tiki Hut Tan, Prismacolor PM-69 Goldenrod & PM-98 Dark Brown

Skin

Prismacolor PM-72 Eggshell, PM-170 Peach & PM-65 Sienna Brown

Broom, Leaves & Branch

PM-166 True Green & PM-31 Dark Green, BIC Mark-It Tiki Hut Tan, Prismacolor PM-69 Goldenrod & PM-123 Spanish Orange

Shading

Copic Sketch Warm Gray No. 1, B000 Pale Porcelain Blue & Colorless Blender

The card base is 4” x 5.5.” Yes, I trimmed it because I felt it was a little bit too wide. The card base is Kraft and the patterned papers are from Pink Paislee’s London Market 6” x 6” paper pack. I stamped the image with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink onto Stamper’s Select White cardstock. I diecut it with my Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small dies and inked it with Antique Linen and Wild Honey Distress Inks. I set it aside to dry while I worked on the card base, but I went back to it and stamped stars around the image with Versamark Dazzle ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then matted it on a Petite Scalloped Oval Large cut from Terracotta Tile cardstock. And before I forget, I dry embossed the Aqua Mist cardstock with the Textile Cuttlebug folder.

I tried to keep everything relatively neutral. The only non-neutral color comes from the red-orange of the Terracotta Tile. In my opinion, aqua and lavender are colored neutrals, but again, that’s my view.

I did some embellishing with Prima Say it With Crystals, scrunched seam binding, and a faceted button. I used sentiments from My Creative Time’s Piles of Smiles stamp set. I popped up the sentiment banner with dimensional adhesive, and added some rhinestones to bring in a little more lavender. Lastly, I rounded the corners with the .25” setting on my Corner Chomper and hit the entire care with Mister Huey Shine.

Thanks so much for coming by! Have a blessed day!

13 comments :

  1. Beautiful coloring, Trell. You used great colors for Halloween. I like the Aqua Mist shades you incorporated into the card with cardstock and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I think the colouring is fab!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. trell, your card is FABULOUS! and so is your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image! Your coloring is fabulous--I don't think you need a class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is GORGEOUS!! and your coloring looks fantastic! So pretty!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! lucky me I got a peek before your post and as you know I loved it!! I love the whole color combo and every detail!! I agree with Amy and that you don't need classes because it came out beautiful!! I now want to go use this image:) Love it:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job on your card...everything is so perfectly done. So much in this card...It is beautiful.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 2 cute! U did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trell ~ Oh my goodness! This is seriously AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL!!! I LVOE the whole design and the lements you used but your coloring ~ oh boy you soooo don't need a class! In my opinion! I LOVE this image and have never used it!! BRAVO my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card T! Yeah, I've decided I'm not gonna worry about being an expert with my Copics either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card! As usual Trell. Love the colors and black bling! Your coloring is perfect as far as I am concerned!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trell you rocked this card, love your colored image..I am looking forward to seeing your new adventure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!