Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Little Emerald Love

Hey all! I’m popping up with a number I made for this week’s Trigger Tuesday Challenge. In case you didn’t know, emerald is the color of 2013. Initially, I was hesitant to embrace it, but I really love it know. As many of you know, I work in retail and we have a lot of emerald pieces that I love. I would totally recommend picking up a few pieces because I find that it can be a very versatile and neutral color.

Elegant Emerald

I love the inspiration picture that Cath picked for the trigger. I especially love the ruffled top and the floral pattern of the dress. So, for my card, I tried to play that up.

DSCF2249

DSCF2243

DSCF2247

DSCF2246

I pulled out what is probably my favorite stamp set, Rosie Posie, and stamped a few blooms. I am sooooo happy that I didn’t get rid of my Jenni Bowlin Seed Packet ink pad. It’s the perfect shade of emerald. And, I also need to thank my dear friends Jess and Sara because if not for them, I would have never bought the huge package of glitter that just so happened to include . . . you guessed it, emerald. Woot, woot!

I made the crepe paper trim myself. I probably went a bit overboard, but I don’t care. For me, sometimes, more is more.

Alright peeps, that’s it for me today! You have about five more days if you want to join in on the fun! Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

 

3 comments :

  1. Trell ~ OMG! SO happy to see you post! YEAH! Well here is another stunning card! I LOVE the crepe paper trim! Of course all the embossing and that ribbon is FAB! All over FABULOUS! Plus you had me at sewing! Hope all is well with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about festive!! This card is so fun... you're right...more IS more!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trell! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!