This week at Celebrate the Occasion the challenge is to make a thank you project with a tag. For some reason, I was thinking it was a birthday challenge, so I was going through my carts trying to figure out what I was going to do, until I went back and check. I’m so glad I did, because I’m super thrilled with how my card turned out. I used my latest cart, Birthday Bash and the ever reliable Storybook to make my card.
I was told that I didn’t have enough paper, so I’ve added 3 more stacks to my collection. Baby steps! I’m developing an addiction and I have to extort some kind of self-control because I have to save my money for our cruise to Mexico.
Anyway, I designed this card in its entirety with my Gypsy. If you don’t have one, I would highly recommend it. I’ve had mine since November, but I’ve only recently started using it. I think it helps me so much because I can visualize what my card will look like. Also, it gives you capabilities that come in handy. For example, the butterfly on the card is normally cut facing the left, but with the Gypsy, you can flip, or, “mirror,” images. I think I mentioned that I have a background in journalism. One of the huge no-no’s in yearbook design was trapping empty space with design elements, so I keep that in mind whenever I’m designing a project. So, that’s why I mirrored the butterfly because the trapped space would have bothered me!
Here are the details:
- Card Base: 8.5” x 5.5” Paper Company Kraft (Birthday Bash pg. 31)
- Layers: 3.5” x 4.35” DCWV Stack 7; 3” x 4” My Mind’s Eye. (Birthday Bash pg. 31) I adhered the second layer to a piece of the same yellow I cut the butterfly out of, and popped it up with Stampin’ dimensionals.
- Thank You Tag: 2” x 1.34” (Birthday Bash pg. 30)
- Butterfly: 2.93” x 2.96” Paper Company Vintage Yellow (Storybook pg. 30) I cut the image twice and cut the flourish off of one with my scissors. I think adhered them together with a line of 2-way glue and pulled the wings up to give it dimension.
- Regal Purple 3/8” Offray Ribbon
- Studio G Glitter Glue
- Darice Pearls
- Dollar Bin Rhinestones
- Recollections Roses inked with Stampin’ Up Early Espresso
- TPC Greetings Stamp Set
- Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink
- I inked everything with Early Espresso. I’m kind of in love with it.
- White Sakura Gelly Roll Stitching
Have a blessed day!