Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ringing in Spring!

 

107_0452Guest blogger, Zeus.

So, in case anyone has missed me, my camera is currently in the hospital all the way in New Jersey. And I miss it terribly. They have a no visitation rule.

Fortunately, my sister let me borrow her camera so I can do some updates in the interim. Today, I have two new cards for everyone. My intentions were to make two simple cards with my felt butterflies, but stitching led to added pearls, which led to more stitching. Nevertheless, I’m super pleased with them.

107_0458Polka dots are AWESOME!

107_0461You’ll never guess where the flower came from . . .

I realize that this is like the third of fourth time that I’ve made a card with butterflies. I guess that means I really love them or something. I was never the kid that was trying to catch butterflies all the time. However, I do think they’re quite beautiful.

I don’t think I’ve ever shown photos before, but anytime that I used a darker cardstock for the base of my card, I place a lighter mat on the inside. I don’t necessarily make my cards to give away – I craft to uplift my spirits and I’ve found that it’s better than watching television! That’s not to say I don’t want one in my craft room because that would make me a liar.

107_0460

107_0467

Both of the sentiments are from My Creative Time’s, “Color Me Happy,” stamp set. I think it’s like the perfect stamp set for spring. I haven’t found anything else that comes close.

Here are the details:

  • Purple A2 Base Cardstock: Hobby Lobby Open Stock
  • Kraft Mats – Paper Company; 5.25” x 4”
  • Striped Patterned Paper Layer – Paper Studio Easter Stripe; 5.25” x 2.25”
  • Polka Dot Layer – Paper Studio Basics Pad; 5” x 2”
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Stitching
  • Easter Butterflies – Hobby Lobby Seasonal Isle
  • My Creative Time, “Color Me Happy,” Stamp Set

Card #1

  • Light Blue 5/8” Offray Grosgrain
  • Memento Tangelo Ink
  • Dollar Bin Rhinestones
  • Favorite Findings Buttons – Jo Ann
  • Inside Kraft Mat; 5.5” x 4”
  • Inside Polka Dot Layer; 5.5” x 1.5”
  • Scallop cut @ 3.25” from Storybook; Core’dinations Core Couture Cardstock in Blue Diamond
  • Circle cut @ 2.75” from Storybook; Ivory Paper Company Cardstock

Card #2

  • Hot Pink 5/8” Offray Satin
  • Darice Pearls
  • Darice Flower Bling
  • Memento Rose Bud Ink
  • Inside Mat: Paper Company Pink; 5.25” x 4”
  • Inside Striped Layer: 5.5” x 1.5”
  • I saved the flower from the garbage can at work! Trell is resourceful.

Have a blessed day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!