I have two new project to share. The first is a set of thank you cards I made for a friend of mine, Jessica, that got married on April 1st.
We haven’t known each other for a long time – less than a year, but I love her to death. And, apparently, I know her fairly well because she loves the owl.
My second is a card I made for another friend, Sara, that’s moving this weekend. She’s getting married, so she and her fiancé built a house closer to his job in Huntsville. She’s seen her card, but I’m going to mail it to her after I write a message for her.
Sara and I text each other ALL day. And our conversations are so ridiculous! I’m always making her laugh about something. She’s usually the first person that gets to see my cards. And, I’ve come to find out that she’s a huge fan of glitter, so I made it a point to bling up her card.
I’m also entering this card into the CTO Challenge #9.
Here are all the details:
Thank You Card
- Card base: Teal open stock cardstock from Hobby Lobby
- Ivory Mat: Paper Company; cut at 4” x 5.25” and embossed with Perfectly Paisley Cuttlebug folder.
- Purple Layering Strip: Purple open stock from Hobby Lobby cut @ 1.25” x 4”. I then punched it with a Fiskars border punch. The teal layer is from the Paper Studio Basics pad, cut @ .75”.
- Owl was cut @ 3.25” from Create a Critter. All cardstock is Paper Company. The brown base of the owl is Espresso open stock, the lavender and gray are both found in a value pack.
- Branch was cut from the same Espresso cardstock @ 1.75”. I used Studio G Glitter Glue for the leaves.
- I inked the surface of the card with Early Espresso ink from Stampin’ Up! I also used it to stamp the sentiment.
- TPC Studio Greetings Stamp set
Bunny Friend Card
- Card base: Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening Cardstock
- Green Patterned Mat: DCWV cut @ 4” x 5.25”
- Layering Strips: Core’dinations Blue Diamond cut @ 1.5” and punched with Fiskars border punch. Floral strip is from the DCWV Citrus Stack and was cut @ 1”.
- Bunny is from Create a Critter and was cut @ 3.75”. The base is Espresso brown from the Paper Company. The yellow and red are open stock at Hobby Lobby.. And his belly was cut in Paper Company ivory.
- I typed the sentiment in Word @ 18 points, and I looked up the RGB for Papertrey Ink’s Pure Poppy to match the mat.
- Maize Offray 5/8” Satin Ribbon
- Studio G Red Glitter Glue
Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed day!