This week at Celebrate the Occasion we’re doing birthday cards (using a sketch), and it just so happens that yesterday was my mom’s birthday. And the card that I made was for her. So, I bet you’re wondering what adhesive has to to with my mom’s birthday. Well, I used 4 different adhesives on this card. And I burned my finger with hot glue. More on that later.
Starting with the flower. I have to say I love it. And, knowing myself, I think I might use this cartridge way more than I should. So, I’m just going to put that out there right now. It’s found on page 16 and it’s called Fun4. I cut out six layers starting at 3.25” and ending at 2”. I used the red patterned paper because my mother’s favorite color is red. Actually, that pattern paper was one of the very first sheets that I bought when I got started last year. And, I am so happy that I finally got to use it. I still have an entire sheet, and I’m thinking that I’m going to either use it on something for Valentine’s Day or fancy Halloween layout. Who knows?! And, I digress!
If you end up buying Flower Shoppe, I high recommend that you invest in a glue gun with a fine tip. This is the one that I bought, here. I had been using my trusty orange glue gun from way back, but it produces a lot of strings and the nozzle deposited a bit too much glue, therefore burning my fingers. I will go a bit further and say that you only need the glue gun when you’re dealing with thicker paper and cardstock. The red pattered paper was lightweight so I used Scotch Quick Dry for those.
Here are the details:
- 5.5” x 5.5” Card Base, Papertrey Ink True Black
- Mat I, Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel
- Mat II, DCWV All Dressed Up Dancing Polka Dot
- Flower: Flower Shoppe Cricut Project Cartridge
- Fun4 page 16
- All Dressed Up Dancing Polka Dot
- Colorbok Red Roses (Jo-Ann Open Stock)
- Darice Rhinestone
- Black 5/8” Offray Double-faced Satin Ribbon
- Embellishment: Prima Say It in Crystals Clear
- Black Colorbox Pigment Ink (Flower inking)
- Versamark Dazzle in Frost
- Black Zing Embossing Powder
- Fiskars, “Make a Wish Quotes,” Stamp Set
- Inkadinkado, “Artistic Flourish,” Stamp Set
- Inside Mats: Colorbok Red Roses and Paper Company Cream
- Zots (to keep the ribbon down as I don’t have a sewing machine)
Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother! Thanks for coming by. Have a blessed day.