Hey everyone! Instead of usual card or occasional layout, I decided to make a bookmark. My little cousin, Bree, loves to read, so this bookmark is for her. I think I may make another one for my boss because her son loves it when she reads books to him.
The paper that I used for the bookmark come from DCWV’s Playtime Stack. I LOOOOVE this stack. I tend to gravitate towards Kraft before anything else. I know everyone has a process for when they create and for the most part, I go through my cardstock to pick what I think will be a great base for my project. It doesn’t always work, but for a project like this it did.
The body of my little frog here is from another DCWV stack. I picked up the Grade School Mat Stack at work a while ago. I thought for the occasional school project that it could come in handy.
Lastly, I decided to stamp, “You’re the Best,” because I think kids need encouragement. And,I think reading is super important . On a side note, I totally screwed up on the stamp.
Here are the details:
- Bookmark: Plantin Schoolbook, 3.25” x 6.25” (Gypsy sizing)
- Frog: Create a Critter, 2.75” x 2.84” (Gypsy sizing)
- Base: Hobby Lobby Brown
- Plaid Layer: DCWV Grade School
- Tummy: DCWV Brights Mat Stack
- Cheeks: Stampin’ Up Regal Rose
- Darice Hemp
- Fiskars Simple Stick, “Grateful,” Stamp Set
- Light Blue 3/8” Offray Satin Ribbon
- Martha Stewart Wasabi Ink
- Colorbox Chestnut Ink
Thanks for coming by. I hope everyone has an amazing week and a super blessed day!