Monday, September 5, 2011

Frogs Read Too!

 

Hey everyone! Instead of usual card or occasional layout, I decided to make a bookmark. My little cousin, Bree, loves to read, so this bookmark is for her. I think I may make another one for my boss because her son loves it when she reads books to him.

DSCF7296

DSCF7298I inked the edges of the frog with Martha Stewart Wasabi Pigment ink.

The paper that I used for the bookmark come from DCWV’s Playtime Stack. I LOOOOVE this stack. I tend to gravitate towards Kraft before anything else. I know everyone has a process for when they create and for the most part, I go through my cardstock to pick what I think will be a great base for my project. It doesn’t always work, but for a project like this it did.

The body of my little frog here is from another DCWV stack. I picked up the Grade School Mat Stack at work a while ago. I thought for the occasional school project that it could come in handy.

Lastly, I decided to stamp, “You’re the Best,” because I think kids need encouragement. And,I think reading is super important . On a side note, I totally screwed up on the stamp.

Here are the details:

  • Bookmark: Plantin Schoolbook, 3.25” x 6.25” (Gypsy sizing)
  • Frog: Create a Critter, 2.75” x 2.84” (Gypsy sizing)
    • Base: Hobby Lobby Brown
    • Plaid Layer: DCWV Grade School
    • Tummy: DCWV Brights Mat Stack
    • Cheeks: Stampin’ Up Regal Rose
  • Darice Hemp
  • Fiskars Simple Stick, “Grateful,” Stamp Set
  • Light Blue 3/8” Offray Satin Ribbon
  • Martha Stewart Wasabi Ink
  • Colorbox Chestnut Ink

Thanks for coming by. I hope everyone has an amazing week and a super blessed day!

1 comment :

  1. Adorable bookmark Trell and Bree is sure to love it:) I sure love the Create a Critter cartridge! I have to start using my cartridges at least once a month:) Lets see if I can squeeze a project tonight for tomorrow LOL!! TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!