Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hey there, Flower Pot!

 

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I’m back with a ANOTHER birthday card on this wonderful Sunday. My aunt had a birthday on Friday and knew what I wanted to make for her. The flower pot on the Straight From the Nest cartridge was calling my name, and I finally got to use it. Also, I decided, against my better judgment, to make another video. I want to apologize for the sound that emits during playback. I generally don’t have regrets, but the camera I bought last year would definitely be categorized as one.

DSCF7337

DSCF7352

DSCF7342I put in a vintage button and some hemp to complete the flower. I used 4 ink colors to achieve the final look of the flower.

DSCF7344The brown ribbon was my idea to make potting soil.

DSCF7346The sentiment is from Close to My Heart.

DSCF7349It’s the not straightest stamping, but I have a Stamp a Ma Jig on my list for when I place my Stampin’ Up order.

DSCF7347More paisley stamps and some patterned paper to finish off the inside.

I had a lot of fun making this card. I felt like it just came together easily. I know the stamping wasn’t super perfect, but like I said in the video, I was super pleased.

On Tuesday, I’ll have another design team post for Celebrate the Occasion. I think if you look around my blog, you know that my work tends to go back and forth from colorful and kid-like to slightly vintage and traditional. Well, my card for Tuesday is colorful. And I used my Imagine for part of it! There might even be another video . . .

Now, my 27th birthday is this Thursday and I have a very special lady doing a guest post. She’s amazing and I was super excited when she told me she’d design something.

Thanks for stopping by today! As always, I appreciate any and all comments. I hope everyone has a super blessed day and week!

6 comments :

  1. Seriously - you never fail to impress! I am always astounded when I visit here!! love love LOVE the card - especially the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I loved this card!! Loved the ribbon, the flower and the embossing! very beautiful card Trell and I'm sure your aunt loved it:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. **wipe drool** This card is mouth watering!! I LOVE everything about it!! OMGosh, the ribbon for soil?!?! I'm sure your aunt was beside herself!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and that flower is SMOKIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. I especially love how you folded the ribbons and your stamping. That pasiley as background is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate it. Have a super blessed day!