Hello everyone! I’m back with a birthday card that I made with my new Sophisticated cartridge, designed by Teresa Collins. Now, since I primarily make cards, I don’t know that I will be using this cart a lot, because they recommend that many of the images be cut at a minimum of five inches. Just something to think about before you buy it.
So, I actually made a video talking about my card, but my computer is not doing well with the files. My camera shoots in HD and my computer is older, so I don’t know if I’ll be able to upload it. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, this week at CTO the challenge is to make an easel birthday card. You can choose any colors that you wish.
One of the reasons why I picked up Sophisticated is that I really like elegant things. And that’s what I wanted this card to reflect. I spent a lot of time trying to make the proper paper choices. The right paper can make a relatively simple card look amazing.
My patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby and Stampin’ Up! However, I think the black and white is no longer sold by SU in that particular design. I think they still have a black and white collection, but the designs are now different. The pink and white mat is, again, from Hobby Lobby, and the name is Pink & White Ornate Floral. It’s really pretty.
Here are the details:
- A2 Easel Card – Papertrey Ink, True Black
- Paper Company – Pink and Gray CS used for Mats
- Co’ordinations Gemstones Pink Diamond Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up Night & Day Collection, Black Polka Dot
- DCWV Shimmer Cardstock in Silver
- Paper Studio Pink & White Ornate Floral
- Teresa Collins Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge
- Crown pg. 49 cut @ 3 inches
- Sentiment Frames pg. 62 cut @ 2.5 inches
- Fiskars “Make a Wish Quotes” Stamp Set
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Darice Pearls
- Darice Rhinestones
- Silver Sakura Gelly Roll
- Fiskars “Upper Crest” Border Punch
- Light Pink Offray Satin Ribbon
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Thanks for coming by. Have a blessed day!